The 18 Things That Happened Before 19
It's crazy to think I've been 18 for a year now. So much has changed this past year and my future is looking a little bit clearer. I've learnt a lot the past few years and I thought that I would focus down on the things that have happened this year. Strictly the 18 things that have happened so far. It's time to say goodbye to 18 and open 19 and the famous Courteeners song with open arms.
1. University happened, yep first year is gone and time to start the two years that count. It was a bit of a rollercoaster and I really did put the pressure on myself that didn't need to be there. It's been such a great experience and I can't wait to start the next two years of my degree again in September.
2. I Can Actually Pull Off Green And Yellow, yeah this is a bit of a weird one. I've never really experimented with brighter colours until this year and I've managed to find so many colourful pieces that actually look good on me and suit my style. It's been a bit of trial and error but I know what colours suit me and what styles are best for my body.
3. I Can Actually Go To The Gym And Stick With It, this is one I'm surprised by. I normally loathe anyone who goes to the gym and preaches the fitness journey. But I see the buzz and I get it, I became intensely involved with the gym at uni and just seeing the effort and work going into results was a real big motivator. I've took a back seat for a couple of months as I was getting too serious with it but oh boy am I ready to go back in September.
4. I'm Able To Cook, I am able to heat something up but what surprised me more is my ability to actually cook food without making myself ill. It's not something I thought would be achievable but I've been doing it for the past year and I'm feeling fine.
5. Friends Are Gonna Come And Go In Life, and that's fine. It's surprising how your friendship group can change when you go your separate ways. There's people I spoke to 24/7 that won't even look me in the eye as we've drifted apart. It makes you realise who is important in life and it allows you to see the people that will stick with you and stay by you when you need it most.
6. FlatLays Are My Thang, I'd always envied those who are able to get the perfect flatlay. Lighting all good as if it was effortless and I've managed to master that to a T. It requires a bit of opportunity chasing and time and patience and then boom you've got it.
7. Red's Kinda My Fave Colour, there's not many outfits where I haven't got a pop of red on. Whether that's lipstick to badges I feel like I always need that little pop of colour in my outfits.
8. I'm Becoming Obsessed With Denim, from having jeans to skirts to jacket I seem to have almost everything now.
9. My Obsession With Jewellery Is Getting A Bit Insane, I've started to wear chokers more often and I've found myself really getting into earrings. Normally I would keep the same ones in all the time but now I change them constantly to suit my style.
10. Manchester is where I want to be, for a while I thought about moving. I looked at Universities further away but none of them really called out to me and I couldn't figure out why. For me I feel like it was the place. The Universities were amazing but I just couldn't get Manchester out of my head. It really feels like a home this place and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.
11. I Want To Start Travelling More, I've got two places ticked off the list starting September but there are so many places that I want to visit. Paris and Milan are happening this year and I'm potentially off to Budapest next year depending on how things go. I really just want to explore and see other places outside of the Uk.
12. Autumn is definitely my season, from the weather to the clothes to the general aesthetic I feel so much more confident with my style in Autumn. Burgundy is everywhere and my god you can guess I am excited.
13. I have more lipsticks that I will actually ever need, my collection is almost a colour wheel with greens, blues, and the odd grey I definitely have some staples that break into the colour combo.
14. I Need To Get To More Concerts and festivals, I enjoyed all the concerts I went to this year and I am so excited to book many more in the next year.
15. I've got too many shoes, I highly doubt this one will change following next year. But I'm now considering my third pair of Old Skool Vans which I really don't need.
16. Student Life is a dream, free pizza at freshers and so many other free stuff what's not to love.
17. I need string lights in my life, I can't actually confess how many I have bought this year. To give you a hint I now have some colour changing disco ball ones so there you have it.
18. I'm able to live by myself, the perks of being a student is that final bit of independence. I get to cook for myself and live by myself and it's such an amazing perk I can't describe. I feel like I have my own space that I can call mine.
And there we have it, I want to do this for as long as this blog goes on for. I hope you have enjoyed this and let me know what you have learnt this past year. I have a new blog post up every Wednesday and Sunday and a new Bloglovin Post every Friday.
Until next time, Chloe!