Everyday Makeup Tutorial
So today I decided that I would do an extra post as I have decided to do a review next week I have chosen to do a tutorial today . Now because I am still in school and their rules on makeup are quite strict I only really wear the bare essentials so I have decided to an everyday maybe school makeup tutorial just to give you a glimpse of my sort of everyday makeup so lets get into it.
So , firstly I apply my moisturizer this is essential as it helps make sure my skin is not dry as well as helping improve my skin. The moisturizer I am currently using is the Garnier Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturizer as my skin can sometimes be oily and this moisturizer is really helping control the oil and reduce the appearance of shine.
Secondly I apply a primer after my moisturzier has sunk in , at the moment I am currently using the Benefit Porefessional but I am currently using their minatures as I am unsure of whether to buy the full version. Then I like to put on a lipbalm this just to help my lips stay moisturized as every now and again my lips can be fairly dry the one that I am using today is the Eos Sweet Mint as the smell is just incredible.
After that I apply my foundation now at the moment I am using two foundations these are the L'Oreal True Match foundation and the Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Foundation I am doing this as they are both really good but I find that the L'Oreal one doesn't last for that long and the Rimmel one doesn't really have a nice shade to it but when I use both of these they work really well. So I apply a very small amount of both of the foundations and then mix them , then I get my Real Techniques expert face brush and blend the foundation into my skin.
Now after a few minutes after applying my foundation I like to get a tissue and just lightly pat it over my face this is to help remove some of the oil off my skin so my skin appears less oily. Then I use concealer , I only conceal the corner of my eyes and any blemishes or spots. The concealer that I am currently using is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer this is really good for me as it blends in goes nicely with my foundation.
Then I do my eyebrows , I normally just fill in my eyebrows using my Technic Complete Brow Kit and my Mua Brow Pencil this just helps define my brows as naturally my brows are quite fair and not really match my hair color as I have had my hair dyed. Then I move onto mascara now sometimes I will apply eye shadow but this is only when I am not at school and I tend to really go for quite natural shades just because they just help make your makeup look more natural as well.The mascara that I am using is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (in Extreme Black) this mascara is good for me as it helps create the eye look I want as I always want my lashes to fan out as I feel like they suit me better.
Then I use powder , the powder I have been using is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder. This powder is good for me as it helps set my makeup and just helps complete my makeup.
And then I am done with my makeup , as you can tell its pretty basic but I personally prefer it like that for everyday. So that is it for my tutorial I have really enjoyed doing an extra post and next week I will be doing a review as well as my savings series so please do check them out.
Follow My Bloglovin! - http://www.bloglovin.com/salinthesea
Links to products mentioned :
- Garnier Long Lasting Shine Control Moisturizer http://www.superdrug.com/garnier/garnier-skin-naturals-pure-shine-control-moisturiser-75ml/invt/596635
- Benefit Porefessional http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/the-porefessional
- Eos Sweet Mint Lip balm http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Categories/Beauty-Project/The-Travel-Shop/Sweet-Mint-lip-balm_277-3003383-892992002397/
- L'Oreal True Match Foundation http://www.superdrug.com/icat/loreal?sort=price&parentCategoryRef=loreal&order=asc&q=*&brand=LOreal&type=foundation&price_from=9&price_to=10&minprice=2&maxprice=14
- Rimmel 25 Hour Lasting Foundation http://www.superdrug.com/rimmel-london-foundation/rimmel-london-lasting-finish-foundation-/icat/bs-rim-lastingfinish
- Technic Complete Brow Kit http://www.lovethymakeup.com/product-technic-complete-brow-kit-2101
- Mua Brow Pencil http://www.superdrug.com/mua-eyes-products-/icat/muaeye?sort=name&sort=release&parentCategoryRef=muaeye&order=asc&order=desc&q=*&type=eyebrows
- Rimmel Retro Glam Mascara http://www.superdrug.com/rimmel-eye-makeup/rimmel-london-mascara/icat/bs-rim-mascara
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder http://www.superdrug.com/face/powder/icat/bs-rim-powder